Sewing and Mask Making
Professional Medically Approved Mask-Making Workshop
- For school children;
- For family;
- For organisation.
We have designed two medically approved masks and have done workshops with doctors, nurses, midwives and community members.
We are approaching schools for providing these resources for school children and their families.
- As well as being useful and practical this course teaches the students a range of skills from fixing zippers, and reattaching buttons to mending and professional alteration skills;
- Our sewing classes are designed to empower men and women to gain confidence and develop skills that can form the basis of a financial income.
- We have eight sewing machines available and three professional tutors from three different ethnic backgrounds who form a vital part of this service.
- Alongside the practical skills, our sewing students are also encouraged to learn how to be self-sufficient and confident in their new abilities.
- This is crucial — especially in cases where people have language and cultural barriers, little education or have been out of the workforce for a long time.